Business Systems Consultant 5 (Fraud Data Strategy & Analytics) - Charlotte, North Carolina, United States, 28201
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.? In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ?Personal Cell? or ?Cellular? in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers? financial needs and help them succeed financially. We?re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you?ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation Fraud and Claims Management (PVSI FCM) team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses. The team reviews account activity and high-risk transactions to prevent victim and perpetrator fraud, processes check fraud and Automated Clearing House (ACH) claims, investigates and resolves customer disputes (fraud and non-fraud) on all transaction types and manages all Wells Fargo identity theft cases.
The Emerging Risk and Innovation (ERI) team ? part of the FCM Fraud Detection Analytics (FDA) team ? has an exciting new opportunity for a data strategy consultant.? The ERI team focuses on identifying and mitigating new fraud risk threats as well as researching new technologies to detect and prevent fraud.? This new role will provide support for the acquisition and usage of new data for FDA analytics and fraud operations with the goal of improving fraud detection and prevention capabilities.
Locations other than those listed may be considered.
Note:? The posting may come down sooner than indicated based on candidate volume.
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposures
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- 2+ years of experience with fraud data (including financial transactions, identity theft, and/or online fraud)
- 5+ years of experience with general data analytics (reporting / analysis processes and best practices)
- 3+ years of experience with data storage approaches (such as traditional data warehousing and / or ?big data? environments)
- 5+ years of experience using data processing tools (such as SQL, SAS, Python, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with general project lifecycle
- 2+ years of experience facilitating communication between business and technical partners
- Creative and resourceful problem solver with a positive, action-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment and function efficiently under short deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others, work independently, initiate action, and accept challenging assignments
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve established business goals and ensure results
- Proven ability to assimilate information quickly and analyze complex problems
- Detailed knowledge of Wells Fargo systems and applications
- Knowledge of industry fraud practices and trends
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.