Business Risk Services - Controls Advisory IT Senior Manager [Director - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02298
Business Risk Services - Controls Advisory IT Senior Manager
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Business Risk Services protects value. Our Business Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Business Risk Services (BRS) Controls Advisory IT Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing internal audits, business process control reviews, activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control projects, and external audit support; and developing and managing staff. The BRS IT Senior Manager works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development. The BRS IT Senior Manager is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
* Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
* Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
* Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
* Working with organizations to identify and manage IT risks within their strategy execution model
* Assist clients in applying key frameworks including COBIT, NIST & ISO
* Developing IT components with enterprise risk management programs
* Leading IT risk assessments ranging from internal audits, system implementations and specialized IT areas (security, basis, access provisioning, etc.)
* Executing IT audits and IT SOX
* Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
* Manage the evaluation and testing of IT processes and systems controls and identification of areas of risk.
* Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients.
* Work with the National BRS practice teams in terms of practice directions and leadership.
* Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change.
* Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance, engagement letter preparation, etc.)
* Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities.
* Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
* Recruit and retain managers, senior associates, and associates.
* Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
* Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
* Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
* Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
* Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
* Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
* Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
* Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
* 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
* CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
* Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
* Outstanding experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
* Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
* Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development, and managing other managers.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
* Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.