Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain - Franklin , Tennessee, United States, 37064
Manchester Tank is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst specializing in Supply Chain. This position will manage various business activities including data mining, trend analysis, developing reports and dashboards, systems and process reviews to enhance business decision making capabilities and find areas for the company to increase efficiencies. This role is for a hands-on person with an attention to detail and excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position at Manchester's headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
Works with the Supply Chain and other cross functional teams to capture BI requirements (reporting needs, data extraction, consolidation, validation, model development, etc.) across the organization. Efficiently and effectively provide BI solutions.
- Project manages various initiatives and deliverables end to end. Examples may include modelling of strategic sourcing initiatives, cost modelling, make/buy projects, and freight optimizations.
- Supports initiatives for data cleansing and standardization.
- Provide detailed reports, analysis, and insights with BI tools. Formulate conclusions and recommendations to senior management as needed.
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities. Build solutions to have maximum scale and enable self-service capability for stakeholders.
- Work closely with Finance to integrate with budgeting, pricing, and forecasting activities.
- Identifies potential customers as well as monitors and proactively informs current project stakeholders of status.
- Degree in information systems, computer science, data science, or related field is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a related area as an individual contributor.
- Strong demonstrated experience in all variants of SQL. VBA coding is a plus.
- Strong data mining, analytics, and visualization skills.
- Experience in an international manufacturing environment is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Access software along with working experience in Word, OneNote & PowerPoint.
- Strong experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems - Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Experience in data visualization software such as Microsoft Power BI or Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of a variety accounting concepts, techniques, and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to remotely support many customers over multiple locations and time zones. Travel may be required to visit customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proactively addresses actions and issues.
- Forms strong professional working relationships with team members who have limited BI experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Happy to be hands on and work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated and confident.
- Resourceful attitude (able to manage emergencies/isolation of location issues).
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Manage all relationships in a professional manner.
- The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Must be after hours and weekends as needed.