Business Development Director - Risk Advisory Services (Financial Serv - New York , New York, United States, 10036
The Business Development Director will be responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process.??This individual will build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations/proposals as well as close sales and finalize agreements with customers.??The Business Development Director will work closely with FS industry leaders and RAS leaders in co-leading growth efforts through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
The individual in this position will have all the necessary resources to be set up for success for this career opportunity that provides a competitive base salary along with a lucrative, uncapped incentive compensation plan. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven track record in selling professional services within the financial services industry.?
- Develop relationships with Financial Services (FS) industry C-level executives, board members and alumni at assigned accounts, and drive growth with those priority FS accounts
- Drive large FS account plan strategy and execution in conjunction with RSM leadership
- Follow-up on leads and manage the overall relationship-building process; responsible for executing the sales plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position the firm?to secure the business
- Coordinate relationship-building activities with Partners, Principals, Engagement Managers, subject-matter professionals and other RSM personnel on the engagement team(s) to ensure strategic alignment
- Manage the business opportunities at assigned accounts to ensure RSM is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing high-quality services
- Meet specific business relationship goals at assigned accounts; report and measure progress against quarterly goals to national and industry leadership
- Work closely with the FS industry teams, both locally and nationally
- Work closely with marketing resources, both locally and nationally, to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for the FS industry team and industry events
- Assist with proposal development, focusing on RSM?s value proposition, key differentiators and win themes
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related Centers of Influence
- Support Partners, Principals, Directors and Senior Managers in cross-selling additional services to existing clients where appropriate
- Work closely with National Sales Organization management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities
- Bachelor's degree?in Business (or another related field) from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with demonstrated success in selling professional services to the financial services (FS) industry; experience managing large, complex FS accounts required
- Experience developing and leading relationship-building activities with C-suite executives in the FS industry
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience representing risk management services in the FS industry
- Demonstrated network of COI's (Centers of Influence) to include banking, legal and other professional services relationships that could be leveraged to identify opportunities within the FS industry
- Demonstrated expertise to drive a complex, sale cycle from identification through the close of deals
- Ability to actively participate in the proposal and Statement of Work creation process
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; strong executive presence and business acumen
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; must possess strong time management skills
- Travel is required (local and overnight when appropriate)
- Active network of C-level contacts in and around the New York Metro market
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups in the risk management sector
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.