Biz Strategy Lead - Music & Theater - San Francisco , California, United States, 94102
We are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated, strategically-focused, collaborative, and data-driven Operational Strategy Lead to join our Music & Theater (M&T) genre team. This person will report to the genre General Manager and be accountable for supporting existing work and driving new business initiatives and innovation to accelerate the growth of a multi-billion dollar P&L.
The Operational Strategy Sr. Manager will report into the GM, Music & Theater and will be based in San Francisco.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the genre General Manager in run-the-business reporting and planning cadence. Run and own weekly cross-functional genre meetings, inputs for senior leadership biweekly reviews, and quarterly/annual reporting and planning. Improve our processes and ways of working with input from team stakeholders.
- Maintain detailed point of view on Music/Theater industry trends, ticketing technology and market evolution, and competitive position. Communicate implications and recommendations regularly to cross-functional stakeholders across various forums.
- Lead exploration of M&T-relevant adjacencies and innovation, bringing new, creative, and value-generative opportunities into StubHub. Pitch leadership team for incremental headcount, product, or financial resources when required to execute. Build consensus with cross-functional partners to test and pilot new strategies.
- Translate market insights, operational feedback, and internal data into compelling stories with clear recommendations that guide business on near-term tactical priorities, as well as dictate M&T priorities for longer-term planning, including product roadmap.
- Proactively generate opportunities to educate the business on M&T. Champion M&T priorities, fan needs, and business interests in cross-functional planning, brain-storms, and relevant initiative workflows.
- Lead highest-value strategic projects in M&T vertical, driving results with analytical power, strategic framing and context, and collaborative project management. Partner with M&T functional leads to support go-to-market work plans and strategic initiatives with end-to-end problem solving toolkit.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles where you have owned ideation and execution, preferably in a consumer related e-commerce business
- 6+ years in management consulting, private equity, venture capital or similar data-driven and strategic-thinking roles
- Exceptionally strong business and financial acumen; ability to analyze complex data, clearly synthesize, and compellingly translate into business cases
- Highly organized with proven ability to prioritize effort ruthlessly, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and flexibly play different roles according to project need
- Mastery at building consensus and influence among partners and cross-functional teams
- World-class communicator equally comfortable in highly structured leadership team meetings and impromptu tactical huddles
- Team player invested in the success and growth of everyone around them and making the workplace comfortable and enjoyable for all
- Passion for music, theater, and entertainment, with industry experience preferred
- Masters degree, preferred, in business or relevant field
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement