Biossance Vice President, Global Brand Management and Sales Strategy - Emeryville , California, United States, 94608
Brand Management is a strategy building role and business driver and serves as the brand liaison for both internal and external business partners. Brand Management is responsible for building the brand and distribution strategy for the long-term. In addition, they're responsible for the day to day business management responsibilities, including building merchandising and 360 degree launch plans and providing analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department. The VP of Brand Management and Sales Strategy has direct reports and leads development and training for these individuals.
- Brand Strategy and Management
- Own and drive global short and long-term strategies to meet and exceed company objectives; work with cross-functional partners to successfully integrate plans.
- Own International businesses. Lead team of country managers (GM's) across the global landscape
- Senior brand liaison for internal teams - inventory planning, education, creative, product development, and operations.
- Own and design seasonal plans with team to support A+ and core product launches.
- Own development of long-term forecasts; adjust forecasts as needed based on sales results in order to achieve business goals.
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Distribution Strategy
- Own the channel strategy for Biossance, including best distribution opportunities globally.
- Deep understanding of markets and cultures to optimize brand growth based on client behavior and readiness per market
- Evaluation of retailers and size of business to optimize roll-out efforts
- Brand Building
- Partner with Brand and Creative for development of brand codes, DNA, style guide and voice
- Research global beauty landscape to best capture total brand and category market trends
- Lead team in the organization of global asset guidelines
- Lead expertise of various markets and country needs to best position the brand for success
- Serve as brand spokesperson at key public relations events and brand moments
- Merchandising & Assortment Strategy
- Strategize and own both long-term and short-term assortment strategy
- Lead sampling planning to best maximize sales impact through product focused marketing initiatives
- Oversee team that leads seasonal merchandising updates from creative brief to in-store.
- Team Development
- Develop and coach brand management team
- Lead team responsible for master assortments globally
- Sales & Research
- Provide monthly executive sales recaps, and key initiatives performance
- Research competitive and product benchmark in order to identify product opportunities and trends and make recommendations to drive the business.
- Bachelor's degree; 15+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Passion for skincare / beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships
- Team builder who develops and coaches team members to reach their own professional goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
No Compromise Beauty
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise approach-proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high-and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris' molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at .
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants ("Applicants") about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.