Bilingual (English/Spanish) Supply Chain and Logistics Associate - Northborough , Massachusetts, United States, 01532
ExTerra Global Trading is an export trading company that focuses on food products and staple agricultural commodities. We source products from a variety of manufacturers and growers - both in the U.S. and abroad - and export to countries throughout the world, with a focus Latin American markets. As a leading exporter, we have completed well over 3,000 trades and supply products ranging from staple grains and pulses to fresh and canned produce, dairy products, meats, beverages, and more. We also offer our clients complete, end-to-end logistical support and take ownership of the product as a standard practice in our delivery process. ExTerra is an SBA certified woman-owned small business.
We are actively looking to expand our team and are seeking a bilingual (Spanish/English) Supply Chain and Logistics Associate to help coordinate shipments to countries in the Caribbean and Latin America. We work hard to foster a long term relationship with our employees -- the ideal candidate for this role will grow and develop, eventually transitioning into a role in our sales group.
Summary of Position
This position is critical in the daily operations and workflow of our company. The primary responsibilities of the position include:
● Working with other logistics and trading team members to coordinate communication with suppliers, customers, shipping agents and freight forwarders
● Managing the receipt and delivery of all shipping documentation, executing bookings with various shipping and transportation vendors, and tracking shipments throughout the supply chain process
● Identifying and converting prospects in new and existing international markets into sales opportunities
● Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
● Detail oriented and highly organized
● Entrepreneurial, dependable, hard working, and self motivated
● Ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines
● Excellent customer service skills
● Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills
● Computer literature, including a proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Additional Desired Skills
The ideal candidate is highly organized, fluent in English and Spanish, attentive to details, and very collaborative. Candidates with relevant experience or knowledge of the import/export industry are preferred, but this is not required. Candidates with an interest in growing and developing to transition into a role in our sales department are preferred.