Big Data Architect with Snowflake (Practice Director) - Katy , Texas, United States, 77449
Position: Big Data Architect with Snowflake (Practice Director)
Location: Katy, TX
Duration: Long Term/Permanent/Full-Time
- Candidate will lead the Hashmap Snowflake partnership practice, being directly responsible for ensuring that Hashmap has the necessary human resources, processes and technical artifacts required to deliver these projects repeatedly at a high level of quality.
Candidate responsibilities will include:
- Working with the CTO and CDO to develop a strategy to serve current needs and to grow Snowflake and associated competencies in Hashmap.
- Define basic engagement models around typical Snowflake based projects (migrations, security analytics, implementations, etc) identifying the required skill sets, staff levels, etc required to deliver the projects.
- Directly manage the Snowflake dedicated resources and supervise other resources as required on Snowflake related projects.
- Develop a training plan to grow consultant expertise in Snowflake, including evaluation criteria to validate competency levels and the effectiveness of the training.
- Provide on the job training for consultants during Snowflake engagements.
- Participate directly in Snowflake projects as a consultant as required.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Experience with designing and implementing cloud data warehouses - Snowflake preferred, but AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, or Google Big Query experience considered.
- Candidate must have direct work experience developing and deploying at least one project with one of these technologies documented on their resume.
- Experience with Docker containers, including containerizing services and deploying containers in a cloud environment.
- Significant expertise in SQL.
- Experience with either AWS or Azure with the following services by cloud:
- Elastic Container Service (Fargate)
- Lambda / Python
- Azure Container Instance
- FaaS / Python
- Azure Resource Manager