BPM Strategy Consultant 4 - Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85003
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. ?In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ?Personal Cell? or ?Cellular? in the contact information of your application.?
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers? financial needs and help them succeed financially. We?re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you?ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.?
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.?
Strategic Execution and Operations (SEO) focuses on achieving operational excellence across our businesses to enable the Company to execute more effectively against our regulatory priorities and further drive our transformation.
We believe that Process Excellence is made up of elements of leadership, teamwork, methods, and practices. ?We believe it is foundational to the repeatability of any operation, service, function or capability we utilize in the bank. ?When learned and embedded into a business culture, a business can transform many key attributes including quality, cost, risk and productivity. ?Ultimately, we want to create an environment that maximizes the talent of our team members and our knowledge of Process Excellence so that we can deliver world class solutions and services to our customer base.
The mission of the Enterprise Business Process Management (EBPM) Process Improvement team is to deliver and execute process improvement services in a timely, consistent manner for strategic Enterprise Processes and Lines of Business to drive improved efficiency, effectiveness and risk management across our processes. ?
The Strategy Consultant 4 role will work as part of the EBPM Process Improvement team under the SEO organization in a fast paced, collaborative environment partnering with multiple Enterprise Process Owners (EPOs), Cross-functional Business Areas and EBPM Management. ?The successful candidate will have proven experience working effectively, independently and in a team environment, and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration and prioritization are paramount for success.
The primary focus of this role is to work closely with EBPM Process Improvement leadership, Enterprise Process stakeholders, Group Business Process Management (GBPM) teams and various Enterprise business units to provide consultative leadership and insights pertaining to the development and implementation of strategic EBPM initiatives.?
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Change management experience
- Facilitation skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Relevant Strategy or Big 4 Consulting experience
- ?Experience in business process management practices
- ?Data analysis experience
- ?Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- ?Flexible and adaptable; able to effectively work in ambiguous situations
- ?Lean Six Sigma certifications / training
- ?Work effectively in a matrixed environment to achieve business objectives and regulatory commitment
- ?Business process improvement or business transformation experience?
- ?Experience preparing materials and presentations for executive level audiences
- ?Intermediate process modeling / mapping skills (iGrafx, Visio)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.