Attorney - Public Finance - Farnham , Virginia, United States, 22460
Kaufman & Canoles is seeking a highly qualified Associate for the Public Finance Team in the firm's Richmond office. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of extensive law firm public finance transactional experience in work that spans municipality and government, infrastructure and tax-advantaged finance, project development, and finance.
1. Provide effective and practical advice to clients to assist them in promoting their best interests.
2. Draft, review and prepare financing documents and other transaction documents.
3. Handle various tasks related to a public finance transaction including due diligence, securities law, and tax law compliance, etc.
4. Participate in conferences, public meetings, and in-person meetings with clients.
5. Research and draft memoranda related to local government and general counsel matters.
1. Prefer three or more years' prior experience in public finance transactions.
2. Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
3. Strong organizational and matter management skills.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, other firm attorneys, support staff, and outside professionals.
1. Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association with an outstanding academic record.
2. Admission to the Virginia Bar.
3. Must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of Virginia.
4. During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice; some opportunities for obtaining in-house CLE through Kaufman & Canoles will be available.
Kaufman & Canoles offers a very generous compensation and benefits package which includes a competitive salary, medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, and long term disability.
Kaufman & Canoles is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of our employment and retention practices and decisions.