Associate Strategy Consultant - Southfield , Michigan, United States, 48033
The Associate Strategy Consultant is responsible for supporting functions related to annual and long-term strategy and planning including but not limited to research, development, assessment, and communication of key business strategies. The focus of the role is on Emerging Markets' Medicare businesses, with some exposure to other insurance lines. This position will partner with key stakeholders, providing enterprise-wide strategic initiative support by supporting the development, evaluation and recommendation of conceptual business plans, models and products to determine the best fit for the organization. They also support the communication of strategies to executives and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is a critical and strategic thinker with a proven ability to aggregate, synthesize and communicate business information in formats that are clear and effective for the desired audiences. Responsible for performing business analysis of data, reports, processes and results, translating multiple inputs into useable information for leadership.
- Support the enterprise-wide strategic planning process for both annual and long-term plans including collaboration with business leads and communication/coordination across multiple functions
- Support strategy development through market research, analytical frameworks, tradeoff analyses, business case development, etc.
- Develop presentations on strategies for all levels of the organization to educate, gain approvals or track progress; including board presentations, executive summits, town hall and other employee meetings.
- Serve as a resource and thought partner to enterprise business partners by aligning, engaging, and making significant contributions to highly visible projects of strategic importance to the organization.
- Create project deliverables including various written communications such as concept proposals, business plans, executive level summaries, and presentations for the executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Perform market research and strategic business analyses to better understand the organization and its customers while keeping abreast of industry trends, competition and changes in the market to help guide strategic planning, initiative implementation and improvements.
- Participates in coordination and management of current and future strategic business opportunities. Prepares reports and documentation, as appropriate.
- Performs initial research of new business concepts, while preparing and reporting findings to manager and VP of Strategy.
- Develop and evaluate market research, analysis, pro formas, budgets, work plans, etc. that support strategic plans
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance against achieving strategic goals
- Uses initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; develop and implement improved office procedures and technology; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed, as appropriate.