Associate Director of HR - Oakland, California, United States, 94601
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Oversees compensation philosophy, policies and administration
- Thoughtfully and effectively manage a service-oriented team within the Human Resources Department responsible for:
- Administration of all employee benefits, including health insurance, disability, 401(k) plan, etc. and build staff awareness/usage of benefits
- Providing day-to-day support for employees with inquiries regarding benefits, payroll, and employment questions
- Ensuring that all Human Resources systems (including our HRIS, Applicant Tracking System, and communication platforms) are effectively maintained and well-leveraged to support the organization
- Directly supervise up to three team members, establishing goals, managing performance, providing mentoring, coaching and development opportunities
- In partnership with Human Resources team members and organizational stakeholders, review processes and services that support the full employee life-cycle with a particular focus on streamlining and updating our systems and practices
- Ensure high levels of communication with internal stakeholders regarding service delivery expectations, deadlines, and changes in procedures
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources field.
- Direct experience designing and managing systems and processes to support the employee life cycle from talent planning through recruitment, management, development, and retention. PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus.
- Deep project management experience with a demonstrated track record of planning and managing multiple simultaneous projects, facilitating cross-functional teamwork, and leading internal change and improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and/or a team of staff.
- Knowledge of current employment laws and regulations, wage and hour laws, ERISA and tax law regulations for pension/401k plans.
- Passion for Sierra Club's mission and vision.