Associate Director Global Project Management & Leadership - Basking Ridge , New Jersey, United States, 07920
The mission of Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise is to leverage our world-class, innovative science and push beyond traditional thinking to create meaningful treatments for patients with cancer. We are dedicated to transforming science into value for patients, and this sense of obligation informs everything we do. Anchored by three pillars including our investigational Antibody Drug Conjugate Franchise, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Franchise and Breakthrough Science, we aim to deliver seven distinct new molecular entities over eight years during 2018 to 2025. Our powerful research engines include two laboratories for biologic/immuno-oncology and small molecules in Japan, and Plexxikon Inc., our small molecule structure-guided R&D center in Berkeley, CA.
This position is responsible for providing project management, drug development expertise to Global Project Teams including strategic development and execution of an integrated product development plan. This position may independently manage a lower complexity or regional project or be partnered with a more senior project manager in support of a larger, more complex drug development project. As a project manager this position is accountable for partnering with the Global Team and Global Clinical leader to ensure effective team operations through meeting management, development plan/timeline management, scope management, stakeholder management, risk/issue management, finance and resource management, and conflict resolution. This position may be assigned to any therapeutic area and work on projects at any stage of development.
As a member of the GMP&L function this position is also accountable for supporting divisional and departmental level objectives and may also participate on a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Group Leader, GPM&L.
- Project Responsibilities: Independently manage and drive strategy development on Global Project Teams (GPT) for moderately complex or regional projects (within the scope of the Global Development Process and Functional Procedures) or independently manage sub-teams of more complex projects in collaboration with a more senior project manager. Establishes and maintains a high performing team.
- Partners with the Clinical Team Leader to ensure a high performing Clinical sub-team and to drive the development and delivery of the clinical development plan in alignment with the product development strategy.
- Manages team meetings including developing agendas and documenting decisions and action items. Follows through on assignments and ensures team members deliver on action items. Identifies organizational gaps and influences the project environment to address gaps that impact the program/project.
- Manages the planning and use of program/project resources. Works with finance and team members to secure adequate resourcing and budget and tracks team performance against the budget.
- Maintains global integrated project plans, project timelines, risk management, plans and communication plans. Supports scenario planning and critical path analyses. Identifies problems and works with team to resolve. Leverages their network to influence across the organization.
- Manages project status in the project management information systems and communicates risks/issues to GPM senior management in a timely manner. Prepares scope change proposals and drafts stage gate proposals for formal presentation to senior management.
- Generates and maintains high quality risk management and communication plans. Independently identifies issues and leads issue resolution meetings. Leads risk identification, prioritization and mitigation planning processes.
- Identifies and recommends PM best practices for the broader GPM&L organization. Ensure Project Team awareness of the Global Development Process (GDP).
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred (i.e., MS, MBA or PhD) in a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management strongly preferred.
- 7+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry and at least 3 years drug development project management experience or equivalent
- Industry experience: Direct, global pharmaceutical or drug development experience required
Associate Director Global Project Management & Leadership
Global Project Management & Leadership