Associate Director, Supply Chain Strategy - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA®). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us in the Supply Chain Team. This position will be responsible for setting and supporting the AveXis Supply Chain strategy and key Supply Chain programs/projects. Key interfaces for this role include Supply Chain Leadership Team, Manufacturing, Commercial, Finance, Business Development, Quality, and Research and Development.
- Supports the development of the strategic planning for the Supply Chain organization, with key stakeholder input, and coordinates alignment with the strategic plans of the broader Technical Operations organization.
- Supports Supply Chain leadership in setting, tracking, and managing organizational goals and objectives.
- Actively works to identify cross-functional critical business intelligence needs and develops information channels and effective dashboard and reporting tools to manage our growing global footprint.
- Leads strategic analyses with cross-functional teams to explore alternative operating strategies and models based on industry trends, diligence, and emerging best practices.
- Supports evaluation and integration execution of Novartis programs into AveXis supply chain operations structure.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, reports and associated analysis for all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Combines business acumen and strong strategic thinking to provide Supply Chain Team Leaders with insightful business support.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally with a focus in Finance or Science.
- MBA and/or PhD in a relevant discipline preferred.
- 7+ years of related professional experience.
- 5+ years of line management or cross-functional team leadership.
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively identify, investigate, and prioritize innovative processes and technology.
- Strong financial system/modeling acumen and experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with managing KPIs/Balanced Scorecard within a large process/organization.
- Working knowledge of drug development and manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Operational, consulting, and/or business change management experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong analytical ability with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management decision-making.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven abilities to anticipate issues and recommend effective and efficient solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork to meet deliverables.
- Inspires trust and respect.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.