Associate Director, Supply Chain, Sales & Operations Planning - California, United States,
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company
- Ensure the process happens on time, helping the multifunctional team to comply with the requirements and actively participate and contribute as per their defined roles.
- Facilitate the S&OP meeting, ensuring that all information is presented, all stakeholders are engaged, decisions are made and execution plans articulated with owners and completion dates
- Lead the S&OP/S&OE management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
- Develop, deploy, track and report results and drive key performance indicators (KPI's) assisting with problem solving and root cause analysis for critical success factors not meeting expectations monitoring network wide execution of the plan.
- Ensure that decisions from the meeting are captured appropriately and communicated to each function/department/team including S&OE and, if necessary, ensure that execution takes place. Work with the executives on required escalation items
- Ensure that the S&OP process is sustained to the intended level of maturity.
- Onboard newcomers from different functions on the process and engage them on the key expectations.
- Continuously seek feedback from stakeholders on the process, meeting effectiveness, metrics and subsequent activities to identify issues to resolve.
- Use metrics and analytical tools to understand areas for opportunity and change.
- Periodically conduct health check on the process and outcome.
- 10+ years' supply chain planning experience preferably in a regulatory managed industry such as Life Sciences or Biopharmaceuticals
- An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in engineering, operations, supply chain management, business or a related field.
- Certifications / qualifications in project management, such as ones from the Project Management Institute (PMI), or supply chain/operations/S&OP certification, such as APICS or CPIM.
- Broad knowledge and relationships across different parts of the organization: commercial, sales, marketing, product development, finance and manufacturing
- Deep knowledge in planning processes: demand planning, supply planning, new products introduction, material planning and S&OP process. Understanding the connection between groups and activities and ability to organize people and activities to achieve expected outcomes. Insight into opportunities to simplify and integrate process steps to maximum effect.
- Focuses on priority setting - most important and relevant topics through identification of impact on business results.
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, ranging from individual contributors to high-level executives in both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and siloes to accomplish goals and tasks. Ability to build rapport, understanding and trust with all key stakeholders through ongoing dialogue and delivering results. Skilled at working with teams of people with disparate opinions and agendas to develop common outcomes, strategies and plans. fgilea