Associate Director, Global Strategic Sourcing - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA?). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Associate Director, Global Strategic Sourcing is responsible for the development and implementation of a supply strategy for AveXis manufacturing and clinical trials. The individual will develop strategies that align with specific business needs, incorporate best practices, negotiate contracts, manage risk and supplier performance and manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops and drives 3-5-year global strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals. Serves as subject matter expert on supply market dynamics and leading practices which maximize value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
- Executes the Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars.
- Acts as the key interface with AveXis supplier partners ensuring alignment of objectives, and commitments. Conducts supplier negotiations for assigned categories.
- Informs and influences decision making at the management and executive level across Manufacturing, Manufacturing Science and Technology, Clinical Operations, Supply Chain, Clinical and Supplier Quality and other functions to obtain alignment to execute strategies that support their key objectives.
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports (if applicable) and provides leadership examples for the organization.
- Works effectively with ambiguity to anticipate future local business requirements in complex and/or multiple business unit stakeholder categories.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sourcing roles in biotech or pharma industry.
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style.
- 2 years or more of supervisory experience and/or demonstrated experience leading a matrixed team.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the supply chain of drug product and supplies for clinical trials - including procurement, warehousing and logistics, preferred.
- Experienced in project management.
- Business acumen - knows how to assess market/business requirements and dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries such as life science, medical device, or pharmaceutical.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving year over year results.
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
- CPSM or equivalent preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.