Associate Director, Engagement Strategy Lead - Hopewell , New Jersey, United States, 08525
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
Responsible for leading a TA/indication focused matrix team in the development and implementation of a plan which appropriately utilize tactics including, but not limited to, connectivity with sites, patients/caregivers, and advocacy groups, enhanced digital capabilities, and/or other service offerings which optimize the site/patient experience and trial timelines.
Actively engages with multiple stakeholders throughout Global Clinical Operations (OPLs, Regional Leads, HUMs and CTP&AM colleagues) and the broader clinical trial team regarding disease-level strategies and site/patient insights; continuously communicates the benefit of tactics which support the engagement and recruitment plan.
Partners with enterprise colleagues on the development/maintenance of strong relationships with site and patient organizations to gain insight into their clinical trial experience and better inform our development and recruitment efforts. Collaborates with these organizations around awareness of and access to clinical trials and the drug development process.
Contributes to country and site planning by proactively bringing the "voice of the site/patient" into the process and ensuring that potential country-specific barriers to feasibility/recruitment/tactics are identified/communicated and mitigation strategies are considered and implemented, where needed/possible.
Partners with GCO Portfolio Leadership and BI&A to ensure awareness of portfolio priorities, operational timelines and issues are communicated to their assigned TA/indication team members. Contributes to the development of a cross asset plan as needed and accountable for its implementation by their matrix team.
Actively collaborates with enterprise site & patient facing teams (such as RCO, Global Advocacy, Multi-Channel Hub, HQ/US Medical, company Foundation, PBRGs) to ensure awareness of and alignment with ongoing activities. Partners on topics of mutual interest such as identification of new sites/networks, patient-focused drug development, alternate research models, diversity inclusion and planning, etc.
Actively drives innovation in clinical trials through awareness of external environment, focus on keeping patients and caregivers at the center while striving to be the site's preferred sponsor and through membership and/or engagement with internal efforts like Digital Acorn and external partnerships like Transcelerate Biopharma.
Partners with enterprise colleagues (multichannel hub, global procurement, etc.) to identify new opportunities which further enhance our engagement and/or recruitment toolkit. Contributes to the development of TA/indication specific digital health and innovation strategy.
Serves as a heavy contributor to the ongoing development, maintenance and enhancement of company Study Connect by seeking ways to leverage it as a communication platform to drive awareness of and access to company Clinical Trials.
Communicates a compelling vision of company clinical trials to outside organizations that generates respect and commitment to company as an industry leader in site and patient engagement efforts and functions as a subject matter expert on the drug development/clinical trial process.
- BA/BS and/or MS degree with 8-10 years of pharmaceutical clinical development industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with limited supervision and build strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Knowledge of the drug development process and the project management of clinical trials.
- Proven ability to partner effectively with colleagues across multiple functions, geographies and at all levels of the enterprise.
- Strong, proven stakeholder management and communication skills, particularly with senior leaders encouraged.
- Position is based in Central New Jersey and involves limited travel.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- By fostering a culture of inclusion, we empower this 21st century workforce to achieve our company's mission of helping patients to prevail over serious diseases.