Associate Director, Data Strategy & Operations - Cambridge , Massachusetts, United States, 02138
The Associate Director of Data Strategy & oversee key operations support activities including continuous integration of new data and ad-hoc request satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads the Ipsen Data Governance process and team to help identify cost savings and efficiencies in data purchase. Maintains an Ipsen Data Dictionary and Inventory that helps to provide the organization with Business cases for the use of all data purchased as well as maintain overall Ipsen Data purchases.
- Work with Commercial Enablement toward continuous improvement of Ipsen's data architecture towards a system with industry-standard quality, availability, flexibility, and compliance
- Work with Commercial Analytics, Forecasting, V&A and other functions to identify, purchase, and deploy new data assets to support Ipsen's operations and growth
- Ensure by design that Ipsen follows best practices in healthcare-related data compliance and security
- Partner with Commercial Enablement for the selection of vendors for data aggregation, warehousing, and enhancement; design and oversee the enforcements of SLAs to guarantee vendor performance
- Actively monitor the quality and consistency of Ipsen's data sources and practices, adjusting data enhancements as necessary to ensure alignment of all data-driven insight generation
- Service ad-hoc requests to access data slices that are not available from the standard tools available to Commercial Excellence
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Master's degree in business administration or related field preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in deploying and administering enterprise-grade data management systems (e.g., Oracle, SQL, etc.) preferred
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Mastery of data architectures for commercial operations in the pharmaceutical sector, with working knowledge of relevant data sets (e.g., SD, SP, 3PL, claims data, call logs), is required
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend quantitative methods and analytical techniques; and to think creatively about different ways to analyze data and information
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business challenges and recommend process, product, or service improvements
- Familiarity with principles of data warehousing and data stewardship
- Ability to communicate effectively to non-technical business stakeholders and influence sufficient investment in Ipsen's data ecosystem
- Ability to work independently with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to effectively perform all functions in adherence with legal, compliance and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.