Associate Director, Commercial Supply Chain - San Francisco , California, United States, 94101
The Associate Director, Commercial Supply Chain is responsible for management and execution of activities related to the launch and commercialization of Voxelotor, aimed at ensuring the seamless flow of product in a global environment. Scope of responsibilities consist of developing, implementing and maintaining commercial supply chain processes at GBT, including but not limited to serialization, commercial packaging, artwork management, business planning and inventory management.
Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) places a high value on cooperative team dynamics and a positive, "can-do" work ethic. The ideal candidate thrives in a hands-on, fast-paced environment where a strong sense of urgency and accountability is the norm and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage commercial product launch timelines to ensure a timely and successful launch. Responsible for primary and secondary packaging and labeling activities
- Develop and implement sustainable and robust processes ensuring a successful roll-out, implementation and on-going operation and maintenance of GBT's selected serialization/track and trace solution
- Partner effectively with GBT's Commercial team to build relationships with selected 3PL provider(s) and establish required processes for efficient product distribution
- Interface with Supply Chain Planning to coordinate Sales and Operations (S&OP) process
- Responsible for secondary packaging & labeling activities; leading design and approval activities for generation and implementation of new and revised artwork/printed components with Regulatory, Quality, and packaging sites
- Identify and implement quality and process improvements across GBT's commercial supply chain
- Collaborate with Technical Operations group to coordinate global distribution and logistics processes
- Write and prepare documentation needed for regulatory submissions as required
- Other duties as required
- BS/BA degree in related discipline; MBA a plus
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years in a clinical or commercial supply chain, manufacturing or contract manufacturing role
- APICS certification, Lean Six Sigma/Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus
- Effective project and time management skills
- Knowledge in supply chain, planning or materials management, inventory management, and business process facilitation in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industries
- Prior experience in commercial supply launch preparation and execution and ongoing supply chain management in a virtual manufacturing environment is fundamental. Some experience operating in a virtual manufacturing environment in a small to medium-size biotech is highly desirable
- Previous serialization and aggregation experience. Experience with serialization and aggregation from a business perspective is strongly preferred
- Understanding of packaging processes, warehouse and distribution operations; experience with contract packaging and/or 3PL distribution operation
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Distribution Practices (GDP) and other regulatory requirements governing pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Prior experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Word)
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.