Assoc Dir, Content Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10001
ESPN+, as a newly-established business for ESPN, is critical to our future growth and success in the direct-to-consumer ecosystem. This Associate Director position will play a large role in the creation of assets, systems, and processes as the department and business grows.
Using direct-to-consumer experience, the Associate Director, ESPN+ Original Content Strategy, is responsible for leading project and product management for all ESPN+ original content including series, studio shows and films. This role will collaborate with content peers across ESPN and Disney platforms to promote, organize, and communicate all aspects of ESPN+ original content.
- Builds, maintains and communicates content distribution plans for ESPN+ Original projects by collaborating with departments and producers around ESPN and Disney to maximize exposure and opportunities surrounding each project.
- Promoting ESPN Originals on our owned-and-operated platforms across The Walt Disney Company.
- Develops content plans describing content to be created or curated, types, and when/how the content will be delivered and published.
- Systems and workflow - collaboration between this role and IT to help to create a new way of tracking our content (how we track other assets within our ecosystem) - project management.
- Tracks and measures content performance against key indicators (collaborating with internal stakeholders to understand consumer metrics).
- Integration specialist taking the lead on implementing original series customization and distribution throughout the company. Works closely with producers, digital media, ad sales, programming, and others to get each project up and running. Must be able to effectively execute and launch original series and exclusives.
- Aggregating data and research to help inform content decisions.
- Suggest show launches based on content calendar and cultural moments.
- Minimum of 5 years of media experience, with minimum of 3 years of experience delivering content directly to consumers in a streaming environment.
- Deep understanding and strong relationships within the digital, direct-to-consumer, and streaming ecosystems.
- Proven understanding of external direct-to-consumer partner platforms and products.
- Interacts with internal and external departments to exchange complex information related to areas of content development.
- Strong knowledge in best practices for content distribution both on and off channel.
- Ability to analyze performance and consumer data.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to navigate multiple, time sensitive projects with competing demands for resources.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Effectively understand the product and features coming down the pipeline while proactively staying "in the know" of product capabilities and ways that series can be campaigned on-channel.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Master's Degree or Equivalent