Assistant Director - Strategy & Innovation - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The Assistant Director - Strategy & Innovation, is a member of the Moody's Analytics Accelerator (MAA). This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy that will lead efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The MAA utilizes a partnership model, working with startups and customers, to explore and build the next generation of Moody's products. The Accelerator is also committed to furthering a culture of innovation across the firm, creating opportunities and programs that allow all employees to engage in the innovation process. The Assistant Director - Strategy & Culture will assume responsibility for many of the group's culture of innovation deliverables. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
Engagement Create and grow opportunities for MAA to engage with the FinTech & client communities. This will include generating organizational awareness of industry events, conferences; Helping to execute and grow MAA's Meetup program of events; Helping to execute and evolve MAA client events which includes awareness of best practices and industry event trends.
Ideation Challenges Assume responsibility for Moody's ideation platform, iMAgine (powered by Spigit/Planview). Work with senior leaders to identify key themes and sponsorship for challenges. Own the build, maintenance, communication, progression and winner selection of each challenge.
Innovation Spotlight Award This is MAA's vehicle for recognizing and promoting innovative teams across the firm. Work with AV/L&D teams to create highlight videos for winners. Responsible for end-to-end promotion and regular communication of the awards.
Hack Days (Hackathons) Partner closely with MAA Platform of Technology lead and PM to execute ~4 hackathons a year in various MA offices around the world. Includes working with local software engineering manager and teams to plan and execute event.
Communication This individual will have regular exposure to MAA's senior leadership team and the broader MA organization. They will maintain and evolve department messaging, both internally and externally. Will be responsible for regular firm-wide communications and campaigns.
- 5 years of experience in a strategy, B2B marketing, product marketing, consulting, or similar equivalent.
- Knowledge of the emerging technologies used in software development and fintech companies.
- Thorough understanding of global capital/credit markets, including deep knowledge of markets, products and trends from a strategy, planning and product development perspective.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, as well as high level of confidence interacting with senior business professionals.
- A critical and creative thinker who is ideas oriented. with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute programs with an emphasis on ROI.
- Strong attention to detail, time and project management ability, demonstrated experience as a self-starter. Ability to work on multi-disciplinary project working groups.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) or higher.
- Proficient in all Microsoft office products. Ability and willingness to maintain ownership of MAA tools or systems.
- 7+ years of experience in a strategy, B2B marketing, product marketing, consulting, or similar equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Moody's Analytics business is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Assistant Director - Strategy & Innovation