Architect, Big Data & Analytics - Sr Associate (Financial Services) - New York , New York, United States, 10017
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure;
- Relational databases and writing SQL queries;
- Big data machine learning toolkits such as SparkML, messaging systems (Kafka) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB); and,
- Building data lakes.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader including the following areas:
- Background in computer science and comfortable in programming in a variety of languages, including Java, Python, Scala;
- Determining the appropriate software packages or modules to run, and how easily they can be modified;
- Handling large scale structured and unstructured data from internal and third party sources;
- Architecting highly scalable distributed data pipelines using open source tools and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Presto, Spark, Drill, Sqoop and ETL frameworks;
- Utilizing Linux shell scripting and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes); and,
- Leading teams in a dynamic work environment while managing stakeholder expectations and scope.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. - provided by Dice