Analyst/Senior Analyst, IT Systems Change Management - Fort Worth , Texas, United States, 76101
Additional Locations: None
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You?ve come to the right place.
You don?t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.?At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.?
What does it take to join us? We?re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we?re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry ? and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.?TheAnalyst/Senior Analyst, IT Systems Change Managementis responsible for facilitating the enterprise IT Change Management process to ensure regulatory requirements are met for software management controls. The Analyst/Senior Analyst may help create and manage the process across all IT groups; enabling higher levels of system availability.
Specifically, you'll do the following: ?
- Applies a structured methodology and helps to lead Change Management activities
- Completes Change Management assessments
- Collaborates to influence Change Management strategy
- Identifies, analyzes and prepares risk mitigation tactics
- Consults and coaches software product teams and management on IT Change Control policy and practices
- Develops and supports training and communication activities
- Ensures that appropriate project documentation and deliverables are clearly defined and delivered
- Communicates project/program updates to internal and external stakeholders for all levels of management, including senior leadership
- Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change progress
- Supports Change Management at the Enterprise Change Management level
- Supports the governance of the IT Change Management product and required processes
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of experience in IT Change Management, IT Audit or related field
- Ability to work collaboratively with external and internal auditors, service providers and IT teams to define, implement and improve the IT Change Management processes
- Knowledge of ITIL and other change management frameworks and Agile/DevOps processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel?and Word
- Excellent leadership skills, team-focused with high energy and a positive attitude
- Ability to think strategically and develop tactical methods to achieve objectives and goals
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers?and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources
- 2+ years of experience in Agile methods and mindset as an approach to software development
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration?and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently