Analyst/Consultant (Data Analysis, SQL, Solution Consulting) - Franklin , Tennessee, United States, 37064
This person will support the delivery of client services. This person will use Analytical Data Analysis Techniques, Technical Skills (SQL, Advanced Excel, VB, Mapping and Proprietary Software) and excellent business communication and presentation skills to execute high quality data-related projects and assignments. Note: For Analyst level we will consider 0-2/3 years experience, for Consultant level we require at least 2+ years of experience. University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through scienceand we've been doing this since 1977.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With manager guidance, plans, organizes, develops and delivers client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
- Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
- Accurately performs application coding and testing functions associated with the development of custom client software.
- Tracks, processes, analyzes and verifies data in order to improve accuracy and quality.
- Use technical skills to accurately monitor, update and maintain Urban Science internal software systems.
- Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
- Coordinates with individuals or teams to complete analyses, tasks and projects on time and with high quality.
- Effectively responds to client inquiries/requests in a timely manner to help improve client satisfaction.
- Proactively communicates with management to provide updates and report issues in a timely manner.
- Actively works with manager to understand and implement solutions to improve NPS (client satisfaction).
- Actively supports and participates in required Urban Science training programs to achieve targeted development objectives.
- Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and performance review in a timely manner.
- Works with manager to prioritize other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent Verbal, Written and Presentation skills
Quality Assurance/Attn. to Detail: Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality assurance skills
Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner
Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
Self-Control: Requires the ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors
Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses, create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability to apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Access is preferred
Database: Working knowledge of relational database concepts, which require gathering and manipulating data manually is preferred; knowledge and experience with SQL is preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role.
- provided by Dice