Advisory Solutions Consultant - Alpharetta , Georgia, United States, 30004
What does a great Advisory Solutions Consultant do?
As a Advisory Solutions Consultant , you are a valuable technical resource supporting the Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) Portfolio. You will be responsible for producing high level designs and financial / technical business cases for proposed solutions and once approved, collaborating with various technology teams on solution requirements and more detailed cost / resource estimates for implementation.
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience across the IT technology stack in order to develop and estimate costs of high level solution definition. You-ll need a high level of communications, consulting, and sponsor relationship skills the ideal team member will be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts to business leaders, IT leaders, and team members, and navigate change. Problem-solving of technical issues is another critical success factor and capable of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful recommendations.
You can expect to:
- Perform comprehensive discovery analysis and definition of business needs and document implementation in the form of a business case for proposed solutions for infrastructure / Cyber / Tech operations / Corporate technology needs.
- Lead current state / future state analysis and requirements gathering sessions with architects and engineers.
- Develop business case: cost estimates for technology implementation proposals including resource hours by skillset, HW / SW needs, and professional services as well as articulating benefits / savings.
- Document financial impact for both investment needs and business chargeback plans
- Act as a liason and partner with various engineering teams during planning, design, build phases of solution lifecycle.
- Identify and document technical requirements to ensure solution will accomplish business objectives and achieve expected results
- Prepare proposals and presentations for IT leadership for approval to proceed with a solution.
Project Implementation Support:
- For approved business cases, transition knowledge of business case to PM and project team.
- Lead the requirements definition phase of the project working with the PM and team
Participate in design sessions as needed
- Special Projects / Assignments
- Combine exceptional communication skills, technical aptitude and creative thinking to consult with technology owners to understand business needs, map those needs to ETG solutions, and develop successful recommendations that are relevant to business requirements.
- Work with other Solution architects / Platform architects to develop alternatives / recommendations for cross functional needs / new technologies / annual plans / roadmaps
Job Related Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED with equivalent experience, in computer technology, engineering, or related disciplines.
- 8+ years' of experience in IT consulting, technology implementation, pre-sales engineering, or lead engineering roles.
- Proficient with the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Proven Cloud related experience - IaaS or PaaS
- Solid understanding and experience across the IT technology stack including compute (Windows, Red Hat Linux, AIX, iOS) virtualization platforms (VMware), PaaS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), databases (Oracle, SQL Server), security (Palo Alto FW, Imperva, Arcsight, Ping Fed), networking (Cisco, F5), HA/DR, PCI compliance, and other IT regulations.
- Ability to facilitate the development / diagram of architecture / designs by gathering input from standards, architects, SMEs, Business units and get consensus from the various partners within the business.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Deep understanding of investment / financial plans - CapEx, OpEx, P&L / budget impact, chargeback models
- Demonstrated hardworking, can-do, consultative approach and the ability to listen and motivate people.
- Work independently and complete assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision.
- Able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs.
- Possess excellent oral/written communications and presentation skills
- High aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting
- Adapts easily to constantly changing projects and priorities
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren-t thinking about -financial services- But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We-re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company-s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE- 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World-s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- provided by Dice