2019 - Summer - Consulting Intern - Financial Advisory - Investigation - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19107
At RSM, interns work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Interns work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
As an intern in the Financial Forensics and Litigation Consulting Services practice, you will work with a team of experienced CPAs, CFEs, and other consultants and business leaders on a variety of engagements where your ideas will directly contribute to the team's successes. Job responsibilities include assisting with evaluating and analyzing complex litigation and financial disputes, preparing well-reasoned and transparent analyses and reporting results to project leaders. You will be expected to balance strong accounting and financial technical expertise with analytical creativity and problem solving skills to meet the unique needs and requirements of each engagement.
Examples of specific assignments could include:
* Providing analytical and investigative services to legal counsel, audit committees, government agencies, regulators, corporate boards, insurance companies, law enforcement, and management of companies involved in financial and fraud investigations and commercial disputes
* Assisting with financial investigations and complex litigation related to embezzlement, whistleblower, financial reporting fraud, foreign corrupt practices act, loan fraud, fidelity claims, claw back litigation, construction fraud, Ponzi schemes, health care fraud, fraudulent conveyance, purchase price disputes, royalty audit, related party transactions, billing disputes, bankruptcy fraud, securities fraud, anti-money laundering, and other matters
Examples of the candidate's responsibilities include:
* Reviewing information, compiling documents, organizing working papers and evaluating early case management
* Assisting with litigation discovery, document requests, preparing questions for witnesses, and preparation of interrogatories
* Assisting with analyzing financial statements, accounting records and tax returns
* Assisting with analyzing and reconstructing fraudulent transactions, complex transactions, financial statements, tracing funds and other assets, etc.
* Data mining and analysis, including database construction of financial records, accounting data, and database extracts
* Performing electronic reviews of evidence
* Preparation of complex spreadsheets and models
* Developing damages models and calculating damages, including lost profits, reasonable royalty, unjust enrichment, diminution in value, increased costs, etc.
* Preparing industry and market research and market competitive assessments
* Assisting with the preparation of expert and other reports, affidavits, and other client deliverables (demonstrative tables, exhibits and charts)
* Assisting with the preparation of rebuttal reports and critiquing opposing expert reports;
* Evaluating settlement offers
* Contributing to proposals and assisting with business development activities to grow our practice (including CLE presentations, webinars, attending industry conferences, authorship of white papers, etc.)
* Cultivating and maintaining positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
* Traveling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
* Completing client projects effectively and efficiently and maintaining a high level of proficiency
* Completing daily time reporting according to firm standards, and assists in billing of time to clients as requested
* Working towards a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
* Accounting or Finance major
* Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
* A minimum 3.2 GPA is preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer skills, including MS Office
* Ability to work as an effective member of a team
* Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
* Client focused
* Ability to multitask
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4595
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: FAS Fin Investigation&Dispute
Job Type: Part Time
Req #: req4595
Location: 30 South 17th Street, Suite 710, , Philadelphia, PA US
Region: Northeast Region
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Campus Intern
Degree Required: None
Travel: Yes SDL2017