2019 - Summer - Consulting Associate - Risk Advisory - Technology Cons - Houston, Texas, United States, 77020
RSM has exceptional career opportunities available for Risk Advisory Services - Technology Risk Consulting.
Our technology risk consulting associates are those seeking career growth and accelerated professional opportunities for an exciting, growing consulting practice. They are professionals who appreciate the ability to aggressively pursue their career goals while being provided the opportunity to experience a rewarding work-life balance.
Our clients depend upon effective risk management, internal audit, and governance of enterprise information technology in order to achieve their business objectives. RSM's Risk Advisory Services Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) serves middle marketing leaders globally aspiring to help transform their technology risk management and assurance capabilities to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
TRC professionals provide services related to business process and information technology controls for the various service offerings, including:
* Consulting with clients on the design and optimization of controls utilizing a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies. Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flow
* Consulting with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging technology risks for our clients
* External financial statement and SOX compliance engagements for application and information technology general computer controls
* System and Controls (SOC) reporting and other controls opinion services
* Technical IT controls reviews
As a TRC Associate, you will jump start your career through a comprehensive training and development program where you will be exposed to all of RSM's Consulting Solution Practices. This training will include:
* IT Controls audit, testing and assessment methodologies and techniques
* Industry leading frameworks and methodologies for Sarbanes-Oxley, COBIT, NIST and ITIL
* IT security, ERP risk and control, and IT advisory tools and methods
* Consulting process, tools and methods
* Project management and client engagement economics
Presentation and business writing skills will be developed from the very beginning, as a TRC Associate you will be immersed in our culture. Our Associates begin their career by being assigned mentors who will assist them through their early days and throughout their careers at RSM. New staff members attend a national New Hire Training program with peers from around the country. Associates attend various Continuing Professional Education classes throughout the year to keep abreast of the latest trends relevant to our risk advisory service offerings. Also, our staff will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements across a wide variety of clients in the manufacturing, real estate, construction, financial institution, not-for-profit, healthcare, and private equity industries.
* Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
* Assist in identifying technology risks affecting a client's business operations and consult with management on how best to mitigate the risks
* Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
* Perform IT internal audit consulting activities (internal audits over ERP systems, IT security, and other IT systems), perform external audit assurance activities, and perform service organization control services activities related to SSAE18 SOC 1 and SOC 2 reporting services
* Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
* Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
* Attending appropriate professional meetings and conferences and reading publications to expand professional knowledge and build a network of business contacts
* Pursuing a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university
* Major in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or related degrees
* Minimum 3.2 GPA preferred
* Ability to travel daily or overnight potentially up to 40% of the time
* Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
* Strong verbal and written abilities
* Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
* Ability to work as an effective member of a team
* Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
* Certification or working towards certification as a CPA, CISA, or CIA, preferred
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req6000
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: RAS Technology Risk Consulting
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req6000
Location: 1330 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 2400, Houston, TX US
Region: Central Region
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Campus Associate
Degree Required: Bachelor